Medical Technology Association of New Zealand (MTANZ) is the only industry body representing medical technology manufacturers, importers, exporters and distributors of medical devices in New Zealand.
Made up of local companies of all sizes, and multinationals operating in NZ. Our members supply approximately 95 percent of all non-pharmaceutical products used in NZ public and private healthcare facilities. MTANZ members include the major suppliers to the Dental Professions.
Works to increase national awareness of the medical technology industry, and the benefits it offers to patients and society in general.
- Majority industry membership gives authenticity, credibility and weight to the role of representing the sector
- Principled approach, including Code of Practice, creates confidence and demonstrates responsibility of sector
- Depth of knowledge and evidence-based positions allows for quality stakeholder relationships and effective promotion of members interests
RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
- Improves the outcomes and efficiencies in NZ's healthcare sector by supporting patients' access to the best medical technology available
- Works closely with government to promote a regulatory and economic environment that advances growth and innovation in the medical technology industry
- Strong supporter of NZ researchers and manufacturers in the development of medical devices for international markets.
KEY MTANZ ACTIVITIES
MTANZ continues to engage with policy makers, regulators and healthcare professionals to ensure optimum patient access to medical technology.
CLICK here to view the MTANZ Strategic Plan
- Working relationship with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment, PHARMAC, NZ Health Partnerships and healthAlliance to improve healthcare procurement efficiencies and ensure ongoing access to medical devices for patients
- Conducting research and publishing a Medical Technology Sector Industry Report to highlight the significance of the sector to the economy and outline its potential for the future - the data enables policymakers to make better-informed decisions
- Collaborations with Universities, Crown Research Institutions and Government departments to advance the development, manufacture and export of niche medical technologies
- MTANZ has an annual calendar of seminars and workshops that are designed to assist and support members in their business; culminating in the annual HealthTech Week which encompasses MTANZ annual conference and AGM.